The following are instructions for making an individual cup of herbal tea without using tea bags.
- Fill a cup, that is able to be placed in a microwave, with water and add your herbal tea blend. Do not stir.
- Make sure the water level is 1″ below the rim of the cup and heat it in the microwave on high for one to two minutes ( depending on the microwave ). This should bring it to a full boil. Keep an eye on the cup. Different herbal tea mixtures can effect how the water boils.
- Carefully remove the cup and and slowly stir the water. If you would like you can add a little more water so you have a full cup.
- In a short period of time ( about the time it takes for the water to cool down enough to drink ) the herbs will have settled at the bottom of the cup.
- If there are any left on top, slowing stir the top of the water. In most cases it will sink to the bottom of the cup.
- Slowly sip the tea tilting the cup just enough to be able to reach the tea.
- Almost all of the herbs will remain on the bottom of the cup.
- If you would like to, when you reach the bottom of the cup, you can take a spoon and compress the herbs in the cup to release the remaining water.
For some medical tea blends or herbs, boiling the tea in water for a significant period of time or letting the herbs soak in water for a day or more is recommended.
We have been following these instructions and are surprised at how well it works. It takes a little practice but eventually you are able to drink the tea and not sip up any of the blend. And you do not need to worry about tea bags. The amount of herbal tea you would use per cup may vary based on the type of herbs.
For most of our blends we have found that a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of herbal tea blend for every 1 cup of water works best.
These instructions can be easily adapted to making tea on the stove and in larger quantities.
Of course you can purchase empty tea bags or a reusable tea ball infuser and soak the herbal tea blend that way. There are also devises that will filter out the herbs when you poor the tea.
Thank you for visiting our site. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us or comment below.